Mary Morrissey, RDN, LD, CDE
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Certified Diabetes Educator
“What should I eat?” This is by far the question I’ve been asked most over my career, and perhaps it’s the question you’re asking too. I believe the answer, at its core, is really pretty simple… eat real, whole food…but often that can seem very confusing and challenging to do. This is where I can help, by partnering with you to create new healthy habits, not just a long list of restrictions…changes that are practical, livable and produce long-lasting results to improve your health.
In my 30 years as a nutrition and diabetes professional, I’ve been blessed with these diverse opportunities to expand my training and experience, which I now bring to the Functional Cholesterol Diabetes and Endocrinology Center:
- Registered and Licensed Dietitian
– Bachelor of Science in Dietetics, College of Mount St. Joseph on the Ohio
– Dietetics Internship, University of Virginia Medical Center
- Certified Diabetes Educator, Insulin Trainer
- Holistic Nutritionist & Personal Health Partner certification, Integrative Medicine Center
- Private Practice Owner, Whole Health Nutrition, LLC
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy, Certified Practitioner (training in progress)
An educator at heart, I believe my job is first to get to know you and your goals. It’s your health journey, so “where are you now, and where do you want to go”? Then, together with the whole team here, I’ll guide you on using nutrition as a powerful tool within your personalize treatment plan. My hope is to equip and empower you to ultimately become the expert in your own care; to recognize the patterns of your day-to-day choices and the impact they make on your health, whether that be your blood sugar levels, energy/fatigue, headaches/pain, GI symptoms, etc., etc. We’ll assist you every step of the way with the best of modern nutrition science information, practical meal planning and cooking tips and lots of encouragement and support.
I look forward to meeting and working with you soon!